Skiing is a relatively safe sport, a healthy fun way to enjoy the great outdoors in winter...but sometimes skiing gets a bad rap...read the statistics on how skiing is safer than driving an automobile on the highway. Of course they are ways to dramatically improve your safety on the slopes, most of these safety tips are covered on the timeless National Ski Area Association's 7 Point Skiers' Responsibility Code...
“Your Responsibility Code”:
1. Always stay in control.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way.
3. Stop in a safe place for you and others.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging, look uphill and yield.
5. Use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe signs and warnings, and keep off closed trails.
7. Know how to use the lifts safely.
Read Heather Burke's blog on ski safety: Skiing, safer than driving...