Facebook

Friday, January 28, 2011

XGames is Aspen trend headquarters...leather on snowboarders?

Leather, the latest trend in snowboarding?
So I am watching the Winter XGames taking place in Aspen during a down day heli skiing in British Columbia (it happens).  Out comes Shaun White, formerly the flying tomato with his raging red hair, sporting a rock-star black leather jacket & pants for his slopestyle snowboard run… interesting I think to myself. I never embraced the baggy boarder pants around the knees and the boxers on display. I prefer fitted for sure, I am an old school skier, and not sure what to think of the biker look for boarders either.
Well Shaun White’s qualifying runs weren’t enough to make the final’s cut; despite his fashion flair… he was as surprised as the fans I bet. What I didn’t expect was for White to be so gracious… saying that the upcoming riders were bringing the bar up and that he’d have to go practice to keep up.
Shaun just raised the sportsmanship and style bar at least, this is the dude that started the whole face bandana craze as I recall. I predict more leather in the terrain parks in the near future. And look for Shaun to bring some serious height to the Superpipe at the XGames. Still to come as well, Maine’s great sport Seth Wescott in snowboard cross. The Winter XGames are on all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment